Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Apple Valley - week 2

The week was awesome here in Apple Valley!!  We got so much work done here and I got to meet so many different people so far.  They all seem so inviting and I got to make friends here already!  Last week I moved in and barely was settled before I leave everyday.  We have so many investigators and a ton of others who all want our time and attention.  It is amazing as a missionary to have so many things to do that we have our heads spinning.

Getting here to the Shack was very humbling, it is known as the "worst apt. in the mission" but putting up Christmas decor made it so much homelier.  It feels like my own even though I know I'll leave it someday.  In my new area I have a number of investigators here.  Nicole is our most prominent one, she was described by her own husband, who is a member, as "the driest Mormon he has ever met".  She has a long running experience with the LDS and even married an RM and is just now moving towards baptism.  There was a date set for Dec. 2 but that has been pushed back to possible the 2nd Saturday of January.  I met her once and she is a super nice lady.  Another investigator is Mama Nita, and she insists on that we call her mama.  She loves the Book of Mormon but isn't really keen on coming to church.  

We also have a large list of Potential Investigators that is in constant flux.  We are constantly going through the list, this past week one that we crossed of was a guy named Rich.  He bible bashed us for an hour hardly letting us speak and we kinda just sat there as listed all these "sources" (mostly "documentaries" and anti-mormon material) and each point he made we tore down with a short sentence.  At the end we invited him to research himself other than the opinions of internet people, by just reading the actual Book of Mormon.  A short testimony later we left and scratched him off pretty easily.  

Missionary work here is very different from Wrightwood.  I'll always miss the people and the place but I'm excited to have a change of pace.  Everything is going great and pray for me as I continue.

Elder Ellsworth


No comments: