Wednesday, November 1, 2017

125 Days!

So, I've been on a mission for 125 days today...

That's a thing

How fast it's already gone by astounds me the more I think about it, how much time has gone by.  I've been a missionary for over 4 months now, something I never even thought about.  It  all came about over a conversation about my calendar and the month.  But it seems amazing just how much I've done and in how little time it has all happened.  I feel not that long ago I was in the MTC still.  I have learned so much from so many, and I cherish even more here in Wrightwood.  I have a feeling this will be my last week here so I will be packing soon I suspect.

I finally got to see Brianna a teach her again recently.  We have seen her twice the recent past, once we ate pizza with an associate of Thierry's who is from the Nederlands.  And the second time we ate with the Leblancs, Maryann (the mom) was running late with the groceries so Thierry made us canned duck.  It was Very interesting and a bit salty, but tasted way better than it sounds.  Whenever I'm over there I always try something new.  Lamb, Escargot, Duck, and the next time he was teasing about a french delicacy called "Rat".  I turned a little pale before he explained it was a joke.😅

We have had a bit of rough patch when it comes to perfect obedience due to my sickness and inability to sleep. But ever since we decided to renew our efforts we have been blessed with so much to do.  We have been able to teach more lessons, we have more service opportunities, we actually have less contacts but the ones we do get seem so much more personal!  The Lord rewards exact obedience so much!!  We have been blessed so much for our efforts I know!  

Elder Ellsworth

No comments: