Saturday, November 11, 2017

Temple Trip Week!

The work is going along better than it has lately previously, with a renewal and a bit of a wake up call on our efforts, my companion and I have done everything that we can to do better in our finding and our obedience.  Being in Wrightwood is a challenge these days.  On Halloween we were out contacting for a few hours in town and got to see all the Trick'o'Treating that happens here, there are no street lights here so everyone goes to town for candy.  We actually got more contacts than we usually do so we felt really proud of ourselves.  Then the next day the we had a stern talking to by someone in the ward that we were seen by members of the ward, Trick'Treating and people were disappointed in us for our actions :(  We were a little shocked that someone would assume that and not even confront us about but instead went to somebody else.  We both felt entirely discouraged and even a little hurt by the assumptions against us.  We felt a little down because of the whole situation until a member of the Stake High Council let the Zone Leaders know and told us that they had seen us out on Halloween contacting and were Proud of us and our efforts.  We had an awesome phone call and found that out so we felt amazing about the whole thing.  We are truly monitored at all times without us knowing and sometimes we might feel discouraged by how people judge us.  But if we will hold true to our conviction and our works, we will be rewarded for it!  We must Always do our best to represent the Lord in all we do and to never do something we wouldn't do in front of Him.  I wanted to share that story with you, now onto less depressing stufs.

This week I get to go on my first Temple trip!!!😁  I am so stoked to have the opportunity to do so on my mission as an Elder.  It will the fourth time doing so ever and I can't wait!  Also on the 18th, Brianna our recent convert, is taking us to do baptisms with her family and her.  SO I get to go to the temple twice in 2 weeks!!  My time is looking up in the near future, I do feel rewarded for sticking through the hard times of my mission.  Just after the baptism of Brianna, Elder Law told me something before he left.  "Don't falter after the hype is over".  I didn't get what he meant at the time but, after the baptisms we had this huge dry time when we didn't teach any lessons and no one talked to us more than a minute on the street.  It was truly a trial that hit me hard as a new missionary with so much early success.  Now that I have made it through, I think things are finally looking bright for us.  We have lessons lined up with recent converts, and service with non-members all the time!  I hope to be able to continue in feeling the Lords blessings up here in the chilly mountains of Wrightwood!!  

2 Timothy 1:7 
"For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of Power, and of Love, and of a Sound Mind"

John 3:35 
"Jesus wept"

Some verses to ponder

Elder Ellsworth

No comments: