Sunday, February 11, 2018

February 5, 2018


This was a great week for Elder Dietrich and I. We started off with a fun P day and an awesome zone activity! We had almost the whole zone and we all had a great time. On Tuesday I gave my first district meeting training. I was very nervous about taking too much or too little time, but it all worked out great. Elder Dietrich gave me quite a few helpful tips on how to approach it. I gave a training on the subject of "Successful Missionary" from Preach My Gospel. He also gave some really useful feedback on how I could improve and self reflect on how it went. 


We had an awesome lesson on Sunday. There are members in our ward who are hosting 2 Chinese exchange students and they wanted to have us over to give a lesson. We went over and had a very interesting discussion about what God is and what God means. It started with them not having desire to pray, but by the end we had them commit to praying on their own to find out if God is real. It was a very humbling experience and I learned quite a bit on how to communicate.

Also I had exchanges with Elder Johnston this week in the Spring Valley Lake ward.  It's a bizarre lake in the middle of the desert.  It was a nice change of view to see more water than a swimming pool for once.  We had a slow day but had an awesome lesson that night with some members and their less active son.  All in all it was a good evening.

Also Eagles won the super bowl.  CRAZY, this is the first time in NFL history that they won!  Fly Eagles, Fly!

Elder Ellsworth

No comments: