Sunday, February 11, 2018

January 29

I gave a talk this past Sunday!! Not yesterday but the Sunday before that!  It was awesome!!  Seriously, it wasn't a train wreck or anything like usual.  I hit the books and studied and just made some notes for the talk.  Before hand during my preparation, I was pondering the scriptures from section 11 verse 21 from the D&C where it talks about obtaining the word, then my tongue will be loosed.  I pondered this verse and got on my knee's and began to pray.  I asked my Father in Heaven, "I have sought your word from your Holy scriptures, and you have promised to fill my mouth with that which you need me to say."  Those were the words which I spoke in prayer.  That Sunday I got up and felt at peace.  Every talk I've ever given til now, my heart has pumped so loud in my chest just before and during speaking.  But this time, I felt ready and even eager to speak.  It was a profoundly spiritual time for me and just wanted to share it.

Also something else I wanted to share... I've been a missionary for 7 Months now!!!!  Crazy that I've already been out that long.  It hardly feels that long at all.  So much has happened in so little a time that I almost don't feel that's real.  Crazy how fast the mission goes.  

Elder Ellsworth

No comments: