Monday, July 20, 2009

Transfers + P-day change = madness


Well, we had one baptism that was scheduled for yesterday, but we hadn't seen him since we set the date almost a month ago, he kind of disappeared after that, the one where we have three baptisms scheduled is the 16th of August. Sorry for the confusion.
Transfers are actually in 2 days, but we received news on Saturday evening. So, here is what we know so far:
They are splitting the area back up. I am moving to another apartment and working from 30th street to 49th street. Elder Ward is staying down here and will be working in his old area of 15th to 30th. My new address as of Wednesday will be:
202 36th street 2nd floor
Union City NJ
07087
Elder Ward will be training, he'll be having a brand new missionary directly from the MTC. We looked at the list of names and my guess is his new companion will be Elder Unga. We don't know, he'll meet his new comp on Wednesday. I and Elder Neilson will be getting new companions as well, and so we'll have 6 Elders here in the ward again. One of the baptismal dates that we have lives in the 15-30, and the other 3 are in my area. Im really excited for what is going to happen this transfer. It's going to be a little weird though with P-days on Monday. This is already weird to get used to and this is the first time.

This week was pretty good. The work will also go better I think because we will not be so overwhelmed with the size of the area.
As for Tylers mission call, my official prediction is the Dominican Republic. I can't wait to hear the news.

Ok, to answer your questions:
I probably could use a few more pairs of garments, I have a few pairs that need to be disposed of.
I have not bought the shoes yet, we are (possibly) going to go today, if not today then next week.
The Motab CD's I have are: Called to serve, Consider the Lilies, Spirit of America, Greatest Hits, Mack Wahlberg's Requiem, Praise to the Man, and I think that is it. I really want to get the new one "Come thou Fount of every blessing", but I don't have it yet.
And yes, I have envelopes, I bought a bunch last week, I just don't have stamps.

As for Keashawn, apparently near the end of last transfer he had called the Elders in Englewood, he had felt something different in his life when we had gone over and taught him and when he came to church, and he wanted to learn more. Elder Taylor was telling me that Keashawn pretty much set his own baptismal date on their second or third appointment with him, and he got baptized to Sundays ago and confirmed yesterday. On Wednesday we got to play basketball with him, it was a lot of fun, and he is really good.

Next Monday I will have more info for you i.e. new comp, etc. Once again I'll be changing comps, he will be my 7th companion, but I have the opportunity to learn from each companion , and hopefully we'll be able to accomplish a lot of good.

Well, I love you and miss you a lot, I can't wait to see the pictures of the new house.
Oh, by the way, a quick picture. Apparently somewhere down the line our family is connected here in Union City, this park is not very far from the church here, just about a block away.
Well, have fun.
Love,
Elder Isaac Ellsworth.

No comments: