Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Half-way through the transfer....almost

This week is now week 4 of this transfer, which means that we are halfway through. I don't know whether or not I am staying, I hope so, but for sure at least one or two of the three of us are out, I don't think that they'll keep us in a threesome for two transfers. I hope that at least I stay, I bet I'm gone though. The investigator that was supposed to get married this transfer had to move it until November 7th, so now If I get transferred I won't be there. argh.
I'm fairly certain I'll leave, though. I've been here now for about 4 months. It is has been good in this area. I really love the ward and the work here.
This week has been a tough week. Our numbers haven't been stellar, especially we've had a rough time with the member present lessons. We got 'juked' more times this week than any other week in the whole time I've been here. This upcoming week looks really good, though, Yesterday we had stake conference, and set like, 10 or so appointments for during the week.
This week'll be good.
In other news, we also have another baptism coming up. Because of General conference in 2 weeks, we will be having the baptism on Saturday and the confirmation on Sunday, so that he can get the Holy Ghost without having to wait two weeks. His name is Pepe. He is from Peru. He is super cool, we found him on the very first day of this new transfer, August 31st. And he will have been baptized within a month. How we found him was a miracle, and from that point onward, he has really accepted the Gospel and changed his life. We were speaking with his wife a few days ago, and she said that she has seen a really big change in him since we started meeting with him, and now she also wants to learn more! It is super bomb. She said she would be there for the baptism on Saturday.
I am also excited because General Conference is coming up. The last one I was in Englewood for. I love general conference, and the opportunity we have each six months to hear from living prophets and apostles of God here on earth. I think a lot of times, especially those of us that were raised in the church, we take this opportunity for granted. I know I did and have in the past. Thinking, 'oh, man, we have to sit around and listen to old people for 10 hours this weekend', and not really appreciating the opportunity this really was and is. For example, Isabel is really excited for the opportunity to listen to the prophet, she really wants to be there.
I'm glad that everything is going well at home. It's good to hear that Ian is doing well in school, I hope that Emily is doing well as well. It was also good to hear that Nick is doing well adjusting to college life. It's not easy. You said he had a roommate from Mexico, right? What part, does Nick know? Around here in Jersey, especially here in Union City, there aren't a whole lot of Mexicans, but out Bishop here is from Mexico. Most of the Mexicans here are from Puebla, For example, the bishop and his family are from Puebla, and Genaro (recent convert from back in June) and his daughter are from Puebla. There's also a missionary here in the mission who is from Mexicali.
Well, I gotta go, I hope that everyone is doing well, I don't have any pictures to send home this week, but I am doing well, Next week I'll send a photo from Pepe's baptism. I'm super-excited!
Love,
Elder Isaac Ellsworth

No comments: