Sunday, March 27, 2011

Baptism....

Dear Family,
      This past week was a very eventful one, so I might actually give you something substantial to put on the blog!  Well we will start with Transfers, Elder Sommer got tranferred to Paradise 1st Ward.  I was pretty bummed because I love Elder Sommer so much.  He is my Grandpa in the field, meaning that Elder Thompson trained me and Elder Sommer Trained Elder Thompson!  He is just a really nice guy, and he was my Zone Leader for the past 3 months, and my friend, and roomate.  That was a very bitter sweet moment, but that is missionary life, and I need to get used to it. 
       Elder Walkenhorst was my new roomate.  I say was because the night he moved in, a member offered them housing, and the next day the Zone Leaders moved out.  Which is probably a good thing because I don't get along with Elder Shelton very well. 
      Zone meeting on Tuesday was pretty interesting too.  Elder Shelton has come up with this "Game" to help inspire us missionaries to work harder, but I hate it!  It turns missionary work into a compitition.  I think the only person that it inspires is Elder Shelton.  The game isn't a huge deal but at Zone meeting they also presented the idea of a zone fast.  This means that most every day this transfer they want somebody in the zone to fast for the work.  I hate this even more because I am not much of a fan of fasting as it is!  It makes me really sick, I do not feel good at all when I fast for 24 hours, I also find it really hard to do missionary work when my stomach is grumbling!  
     This week has been kind of long too.  We had a ton of cancelled lessons, which is just super annoying!  I hate it when people don't have the courtesy to just give us a call!  Well enough about the negatives!  
     We had a  couple of really good appointments, but overall this week was really good.  William Hogan had a very nice baptism this past Saturday.  William lives with his Aunt and Uncle, They are active members, so Brother Hogan Baptized, and Confirmed him.  Willies parents are both less active members, and were both their, and supportive of their son, but I am not exactly sure what the whole situation is.  He is 13 years old.  He took the lesson back in July but he was having troubles getting a permission slip signed so it took a long time.  We went through all of the lessons with him these past few weeks!  
      The whole family gave us a scare though.  Ten minutes till the Baptism was supposed to start there were only like 5 people there, William not included.  But with the time winding down the whole Hogan clan showed up, and filled the room.  It was awesome, and since the Baptism we have recieved 4 referrals!  So things are going good in Cottonwood!  We are Working hard and finding success. I am doing very well in this work, and loving it very much.  Well G2G we have a lesson!  PEACE, and I love all your Gutz.
Elder Ellsworth

No comments: