Monday, April 2, 2018

April Fool's

Yesterday was Easter Sunday.

Happy Easter!!

Also we had general conference

Elder Ellsworth

D+C 64:33



That last email was my Late April Fools, my LAF!!
Bad pun that doesn't make sense written.

Anyways, Easter Sunday was yesterday and there were some major changes announced.  Most important.  Layton, Utah Temple!!  No but seriously, there are some big things happening in the Church.  These things are all being brought about during this last conference to hasten the work like never before.  It is amazing to be a missionary during this time especially!  To hear all the rest of the announcements, go to LDS.org and it'll be on the front page.

Anyways, as for me, I'm staying in Apple Valley for 6 months.  It is awesome here and I love it!! No sarcasm.  The Shack is awesome and I love it.  I dislike it at times, but it's all good!  As for the ward, I love it here!  Everything is awesome!!  We spent yesterday with the Osborne family and had a Blast watching general conference.  Life is good in Sunny California.

Elder Ellsworth

Alma 36:3



An email to his dad:


Hey Dad!  Sorry about not writing you in a while.  I try and write every tuesday/wednesday of each week.  The last few letters I wrote were all to my siblings.  I didn't think about the fact that you were expecting letters from me still as I wrote to my siblings.  I just didn't connect the dots in that, while I was writing my brothers and sisters, I wasn't writing home to my parents.  I will write one tonight and have it in tomorrow's mail.  And probably also another one in Wednesdays mail.

Also, the changes to Elders quorum and the whole ministering thing are huge changes.  I thought about it a little, the 2 of us will be in the same quorum together (unless callings take us out).  And the changes made ultimately boil down, at least I think, to the fact that not every family is being visited.  Combining the Elders and High Priests and changing the fact that Relief society visits families instead of just sisters.  This new change is for the unification of the church and each of its members.  The first presidency announcement a few months ago, when President Nelson made the invitation, to all those who have fallen of the covenant path, to please come back.  Everything that they have done is to bring back the fold of God.  

Another of the biggest new announcements that shocked me especially, was when President Nelson something like this, "The Greatest Works of the Father will happen between now and the Second Coming"  I don't know if those were the exact words, this is a huge promise of the Prophet.

Elder Ellsworth

No comments: