Sunday, April 29, 2018

This was an awesome week!! PS I left this out of last weeks email.  WE ARE GETTING SMARTPHONES.  Crazy!  

We had our temple trip today!! That was awesome!  We had our appointment set by the mission for the 8:30 am session.  Which for us is a terrible time to schedule a session an hour away for missionaries that can't drive themselves.  We knew about the trip 3 weeks in advance and even then, we didn't have someone to drive us til Saturday, and he actually forgot all about til we knocked his door!  It was a crazy scenario that almost kept us away from the House of the Lord!!

We had a fairly slow week besides that anyways.  All of our investigators have dropped us except 1, so we have 1 person to teach reliably... and she doesn't want to come to church... or read the Book of Mormon.  In any case we are still working with her and will get a better update this next week hopefully!

Anyways, gotta get going but just wanted to update y'all on my Book of Mormon reading.  I'm currently towards the end of 3rd Nephi.  The part when Christ came and changed game in the Americas.  In my reading this time around, I'm reading about 16 pages a day and I skip the Chapter headings entirely.  For some reason, it reads more like a story book rather than scripture.  Not in a bad way, but I absorb so much more detail reading it like this! Once I'm done with this one I'm gonna do another slow read.
Elder Ellsworth

No comments: