Monday, February 9, 2009

Letter from District Leader

We received the nicest letter today from Elder Quirino, he was Isaac's D.L. until he was transferred last week. I just wanted to share a little from his letter.......

"My name is Elder Q. I am from Sao Paulo, Brasil, I am a missionary here in New Jersey, Morristown mission, at at this moment I am assigned as a district leader here in Rockland, County. This was my first area in English, because I was called to serve in portuguese. But it was such a blessing in my life, because I had an opportunity to serve with Elder Isaac, I want to say that I am not his companion, but I am his district leader, and I learned so much from him. His manner of work is wonderful, he is very dedicated and very determined. He has a great sense of humor and is very happy. I love him so much, unfortunately , he is leaving this area. But I know that he will do well in his next area, because he is going where is expedient to the Lord."

It was really neat for us to hear from his D.L. What a humble, sweet missionary. He goes on to bear us his testimony of the gospel. We had a really sweet experience with this missionary at Christmas. When I was putting Isaac's package together I had the feeling that I should do something for all four missionaries in his apartment. Nothing fabulous, I just did a stocking with some treats, socks and a new tie. We didn't know at the time that Elder Q. wasn't going to receive any gifts from home because of his parent's humble circumstances. Elder Q. in his letter thanked us for the gifts. He said that he knew the Lord had provided a way for him to receive his blessings because he was following the commandments. It was a small act for us, and I am grateful that we followed the Lord's promptings so that this Elder could feel the Lord's love for him. It is a reminder to me that very often the Lord answers someone's prayers through someone else. I know I need to be a lot more in tune to those little promptings.

We are thankful to all of you who remember Isaac in your prayers. I know that he appreciates the letters he receives. He has so little time to write, but I hope that he returns at least a portion of your letters.

We are so grateful for Isaac's missionary service. We feel the Lord's blessings in our lives. We miss him like crazy, but know that he is doing exactly what he needs to be doing at this stage of his life. We can see his growth in the emails he sends home and can't wait to see the man he is becoming upon his return from his mission.

No comments: