Saturday, February 21, 2009

Oh, the things we find out.......

We received a series of short emails this week. Isaac emailed on Tuesday (very short) because they thought the library would be closed. He mentioned oh so casually that he may be driving soon because he his companion had gotten a 'red dot', and that he was nervous because he had already had an accident while driving in Rockland County. WAIT A MINUTE..... AN ACCIDENT? That was the first we heard of it. Isaac's letters sometimes leave us trying to read between the lines, but you'd think he would mention a car accident! Anyways, we wrote back asking for more details. This was his response.....

"well, the library wasn't closed today after all. I must have misread the sign, but I could've sworn it said it would be closed on Lincolns birthday. As for the accident I had a car wreck my second week driving in Rockland. However it wasn't bad enough that I got a Red Dot. Accidents in this mission are almost a joke. This mission is #1 for car accidents in the entire world, partly because we have more cars in our mission than most, and also because driving here is crazy. However, usually here on your first accident they usually don't even consider giving you a red dot, unless someone is injured, if someone is hurt it's usually an automatic Red Dot, or if there is a substantial amount of damage. Since then I've been driving a lot better, but still, drivers here are pretty stupid, and the big reason I had the crash is because of driving stress. I've gotten more comfortable now, but it still sucks that soon I'll be having to drive again. Love you, and talk to you next week."
Oh yeah, we feel better now! I guess this is a trial of our faith.
We also got a hand written letter this week. I will transcribe it some other time.

Thanks for all the love and support you give Isaac. I know he appreciates it!

Liz

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Just to put things in perpective...a missionary from our ward serving in Cambodia contracted Dengue Fever...that was hard for her mom.

lellswo said...

You are right, at least it was just an accident. But it sure would be nice to know these things at the time!!